Hygiene refers to habits and practices to keep yourself, your surroundings, and your objects clean. Lack of hygiene, hence, brings about health problems and increases the chance to get an infection. Proper personal hygiene includes washing the body, hair, and brushing the teeth regularly. Using clean water and a good type of soap is so important. On the other hand, personal hygiene has a remarkable influence on social acceptance. An unpleasant body smell or a bad breath will repel people and that is so embarrassing.
Why is Water treated?
The treatment of the public water supply is critical to ensure safe household water free from contamination. Water fluoridation is an essential step in the treatment since it is the easiest and most economical way to deliver fluoride benefits to everybody. Because stored water is liable to contamination, it should be for other purposes but not to drink.
Clean Hands all the time
Hands should be washed carefully with water and soap before and after eating. When water and soap are not handy, hand sanitizer is a good alternative. It is an easy solution for everyone in busy times. Hand sanitizer like alcohol hand gel contains not less than 60% alcohol, making it a strong disinfectant.
- Trim your finger and toenails.
- Brush the nails with soap and water to keep them clean.
Personal Hygiene Habits
#1 Hair and scalp
- Wash your hair, at least, every other day, for clean hair and scalp.
- If you suffer lice, get immediate treatment.
- Use a high-quality anti-dandruff shampoo if you have dandruff.
- Frequent haircuts are important to avoid brittle hair.
- Wash your hands well before and after using the toilet.
- Wipe the toilet seat and flush handles with a powerful detergent.
- Let the hot water run for a few minutes to cleanse the tub of germs.
- Take a shower every day in the morning and after working out.
- Trim or shave the underarm and pubic hair to prevent sweat and bacteria accumulation.
- Wash your underarms and groin very well to keep off bacteria.
- Wash your feet properly, especially between the toes.
- Clean your ears with your fingers during the shower.
- Use a body deodorant after every shower.
#4 Face hygiene and eye care
- Wash your face 2 times a day to clean it off dust and oil.
- Use warm water with face soap or a gentle cleanser.
- Do not scrub your face too hard to avoid skin irritation.
- For persistent oily skin, use a cleanser containing salicylic acid or glycolic acid.
- Avoid the soap or cleanser getting into your eyes.
- Make sure your contact lenses are clean and comfortable to keep off eye infections and inflammation.
- Always wear clean comfortable clothes and socks because they prevent skin disorders.
- Do not wear dirty clothes because they are a contamination source.
- Change the sweaty clothes right after exercising.
- Switch your shoes every day.
- Use foot powder to avoid the bad foot smell and keep the feet dry.
#6 Oral health tips
How the teeth look like contributes to one’s appearance and self-confidence. Therefore, tooth brushing and using a mouthwash will enhance facial appearance. Besides, they prevent mouth sores, caries, gum infection, and gum inflammation. Tooth decay, also known as tooth cavities or caries, is possible in all ages and can cause mild to severe pain.
- Brush your teeth after each meal.
- Do not brush with pressure to avoid hurting the gum.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste because it aids in preventing caries.
- Mouthwash is important to maintain fresh breath and for complete protection.
- Use dental floss to clean in between the teeth.
- Avoid tobacco and limit sodas, coffee, and alcohol.
- Consume more calcium and vitamins for stronger teeth.
- Visit the dentist for regular check-ups.